App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of an app and increasing the conversion rate. The main app stores are the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android. If you want to learn how to upload an app to the App Store, you can read our blog. In addition to ranking high in search results in the app store, ASO also focuses on clickthrough rate (CTR). It means that you need to convince people to click on the app. You can do it by optimizing the app name, the app title, the app icon, the app screenshots, and the app rating.
The ASO process requires a crucial understanding of your target customer base, including the keywords your potential customers are using to find apps similar to yours.
Why App Store Optimization Is Important
More than 5 million applications are available for download from the App Store and Google Play. Your application will likely face very tough competition.
According to Google, 40% of apps are found by searching the app store. It makes the app store searching the most used method for finding and downloading new apps. That’s why it’s crucial to take advantage of App Store optimization. It can help you achieve much greater success. Thanks to it you can overtake your competition very quickly. It is essential to take advantage of this if you want to succeed.
You will improve the visibility of the application
People can’t download and use your app if they can’t find it. So no matter how great your app is, if it’s not easy to find, you won’t succeed.
You will reach the right audience
It is not enough for your application to be found, it must be found by the right users. They are the ones looking for what you have to offer. App Store optimization takes you to the right users because it matches your app to relevant keywords.
Reduce advertising costs
Instead of spending money on advertising, you can reduce your costs by focusing on organic growth with ASO. It will not only saves you money but also ensures stable growth.
Basics of ASO
Main ASO factors
These factors have the highest impact on where your application ranks. They are the most important, and you need to pay the most attention to them.
- Application Name – The keyword placed in the title should be the one with the highest search traffic. Take the time to research which is it because it is crucial. In addition, you should not change the title too often, as this can be confusing and difficult for users.
- Keywords – To improve your search rankings, you need to know which keywords are relevant and used most often by your target audience. It is helpful to monitor competitors to understand how you compare week to week. You can learn how to do keyword research on our blog.
These key factors need to be monitored and optimized regularly because there can be changes. Follow the market and your competitors, and you won’t be late.
Secondary ASO factors
- Application description – It is an essential factor, but we put it in the secondary because, technically, the algorithm of the App Store ignores it. However, we consider it very important because it is crucial to consumers. They rely on the description.
- Total Downloads – Your download count is relevant to ASO, but you cannot control this factor.
- Ratings and feedback – Also essential and hard to control. However, there are ways to encourage users to rate and leave feedback.
- Keyword Metadata – Apple provides you with 100 comma-separated keywords. They help your app be found through search and related content. You don’t need to duplicate the words in the title. Choose ones you haven’t used.
We live in a world where everything is already digital, so anyone who wants to succeed must invest in their online presence. Nowadays, we control everything from our smartphones. Mobile applications are a crucial part of our lives. Your potential customers use their phones every day, and if you make an application for your business that is useful and they like you, you will have a good chance of success. Most companies are already headed in the right direction and have applications, so it is important to optimize them. Just as you use SEO for your website, you should use ASO for your mobile application. You can read our blog post to find out Everything About Mobile Development. There is no other such thing that affects our lives as mobile devices. They have a massive effect on our lives, work, communication, and having fun. It means that the possibilities for a mobile application are countless. If you have decided to create your application, you can find the advantages of native applications in our blog.
If you are interested in the services we offer for mobile development, you can view them here. If you have questions that we have not been able to answer or you need our services, you can contact us. Book your appointment for a free consultation if you want to know how we can help you. We at Dreamtech have experience in this field, and we know how to help you. We can create the perfect mobile application that you will fall in love with. We will do it according to your taste and according to your requirements. We will do our best to achieve success.